2 cups fresh rhubarb, peeled, 1-inch dice
1 orange, zested and juiced
½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
5 oz. sugar (about ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp.)
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. ginger, fresh, finely chopped
⅓ cup almond flour
⅓ cup sugar
3 oz. Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, chilled, diced
¼ cup flour
1 pinch salt
1 cup Plugrá European-Style Butter, unsalted, chilled, diced
¼ cup sugar
2¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a heavy medium-size saucepan.
2. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes; or until tender, stirring frequently.
3. Allow mixture to cool.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. Mix until just combined. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and let rest refrigerated for 30 minutes.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to ¼ -inch thickness and press into tart tins; chill for 15 minutes
5. Pre-bake the tart shells for 15 minutes.
6. Fill each tart shell evenly with the rhubarb compote. Evenly top with almond crumble; return tarts to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
8. Serve each tart topped with a scoop of mint ice cream and a fresh mint sprig, if desired.