6 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch thick rounds
4 tbsp. salt
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
1 cup Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, cut into cubes
3 tbsp. salt
3 tsp. white pepper
1. In a large pot, add potatoes and salt and cover with water.
2. Place over medium heat and cook for 25 minutes. Potatoes should split when pierced with a fork. Transfer the potatoes to a colander and drain.
3. Place a food mill attached with the smallest screen over the pot you cooked the potatoes in. Work the hot potatoes through the food mill.
4. Add the heavy cream and Gruyère cheese to the potatoes and fold in evenly. The cheese will get stringy as it melts.
5. Stir in the Plugrá Butter cubes until melted. The potatoes should have a velvety consistency.
6. Season with the salt and pepper and incorporate evenly. Adjust seasoning if needed. Cover potatoes and keep warm.