Sponsored ContentNov 16, 2012
[sponsored] This recipe for rich chocolate and rum truffles made with Plugrá® European-Style Butter from Chef Jacquy Pfeiffer of The French Pastry School, in Chicago.
MAKES: About 30 truffles
PREP TIME: 2 hours
155 g (or ⅔ cup) Fresh heavy cream
5g (or ½ tsp) Nielsen-Massey bourbon vanilla paste
200g (or 1 ⅛ cup) Finely chopped dark chocolate couverture 64%
62.5g (or ⅓ cup) Plugrá® European-Style Butter, softened
10g (or 1 tsp) Honey
20g (or 2 tbsp) Dark rum
453.6g (or 2 ⅔ cups) Cocoa powder
1. Bring the cream and vanilla paste to a simmer.
2. Warm up the chocolate for one minute at 50% in a microwave
3. Pour the hot cream over the semi melted chocolate couverture.
4. Homogenize the mixture with a whisk starting from the center and working towards the sides.
5. Add the soft butter and honey.
6. Add the rum and pour the mixture on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap.
7. Let the mixture set for 2 hours in a cool place.
8. Pipe 1" bulbs of the ganache on a sheet pan lined with a parchment paper.
9. Let set overnight in a cool room.
10. Wear latex gloves, and shape the truffles with your hands until they look like a perfect ball.
11. Roll the truffles in dark chocolate couverture that was melted to 89°F. Let the truffles set in a cool room and then dip them again in dark chocolate couverture warmed up to 89°F; roll them in cocoa powder.
12. Do not move them and let them set in a cool place overnight.
13. Sift the excess cocoa powder.