5 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
10 oz. baby spinach
1 lb. thawed frozen artichoke hearts
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup grated parmesan
2⁄3 cup grated mozzarella
1⁄3 cup cream cheese
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1⁄4 cup sour cream
1⁄4 tsp. grated lemon zest
1⁄4 tsp. dried mustard powder
1⁄4 tsp. Tabasco
1⁄8 tsp. grated nutmeg
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toasted pita wedges
1. Heat oven to 375°. Heat 1 tbsp. of the oil and 1 tbsp. of the butter in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer spinach to a colander; let cool briefly. (Wipe out and reserve skillet.) Squeeze excess liquid from spinach and roughly chop; transfer to a bowl.
2. Return skillet to medium-high heat and heat 3 tbsp. of the oil. Add artichoke hearts; cook, stirring, until browned, about 12 minutes. Transfer to bowl of spinach.
3. Wipe out skillet; place over medium heat; add remaining 1 tbsp. of the oil and remaining 1 tbsp. of the butter and heat. Add onions; cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 2 minutes more.
4. Transfer onion mixture to a food processor along with 3⁄4 cup of the parmesan, mozzarella, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, mustard powder, Tabasco, and nutmeg. Process until smooth.
5. Fold cheese mixture into spinach and artichokes, season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to a greased 2-qt. oval baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄4 cup of parmesan; bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve with toasted pita wedges.
SERVES 8 – 10