1 oz. roasted red beets (cleaned and cut into cylinders)
1 oz. roasted yellow beets (cleaned and cut into cylinders)
1 oz. carrots (cooked and cut into cylinders)
Salt and pepper to taste
Assorted baby green leaves (as needed)
1. In a bowl combine the beets with carrots, radishes and grapefruit segments.
2. Add oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place all of the vegetables in the center of the plate. Sprinkle the soil around the vegetables, place a few drops of yogurt on the plate and garnish with the green leaves.
For the Beet Soil
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup flour
½ cup beet juice
1. In the mixer with the paddle attachment combine all of the ingredients together transfer to a pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 300 degrees for about twenty five minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the cake and then grind it to make it look like soil. (Note: this recipe will make more cake than needed.)
For the Citrus Yogurt Sauce
Pinch lemon (grated)
Pinch lime (grated)
Pinch grapefruit (grated)
½ cup yogurt
½ cup mascarpone cheese
1. Grate the citrus skin using a small grater and add it to the yogurt, then whisk all together until thick. Season with salt and pepper.