Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
4 large asparagus spears, trimmed
2 to 3 fingerling potatoes, cleaned
2 cups fresh cauliflower florets (about 8 florets)
1 tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup fine chopped shallots
2 tbsp. white wine
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 bay leaf, dried
5 oz. Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, cold, cut into pieces
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup diced yellow onion
8 small to medium oyster mushrooms
4 roasted red bell pepper strips, 2" x 3" each, seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper
½ tsp. chopped garlic
½ tsp. chopped parsley
Fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs, to taste
Fine chopped sundried tomato, to taste
1. Peel asparagus spears and blanch in boiling salty water; refresh in ice water and drain.
2. Cook potato in salty water until fork tender; drain.
3. Cook the cauliflower in boiling salty water until tender-crisp, refresh in ice water and drain.
Mustard Beurre Blanc
1. In a small heavy saucepan, sauté shallots in olive oil over medium-low heat for 1 to 2 minutes; add white wine, vinegar and bay leaf. Simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half. Remove bay leaf and discard.
2. Using an immersion blender or whisk, slowly add the Plugrá® European-Style Butter piece by piece to shallot mixture and mix over medium heat until completely blended. The sauce should have a creamy aspect and coat the back of a spoon.
3. Add the mustard and blend until mixture is emulsified; season salt and pepper. Keep warm.
1. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice the asparagus in 3 equal pieces.
2. In a large sauté pan, bring the olive oil to a smoking point, add the diced onion and oyster mushrooms; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add the asparagus, potatoes, cauliflower and roasted red pepper and cook over medium heat until potatoes are golden. Reduce heat; add garlic and sauté over low heat for 1 minute. Season to taste with parsley, salt and black pepper.
4. Display the vegetables on a plate or serving platter: spoon the mustard beurre blanc over vegetables. Garnish vegetables with sundried tomato and fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme.