1. Add it to the fillings for cannelloni, ravioli, or tortellini.
2. Add a pinch to steamed or sautéed spinach or to spinach soufflé.
3. Lightly spice fruit butters (apple, pumpkin, or otherwise).
4. Stir a bit into potatoes or sweet potatoes mashed with milk, butter, and salt and pepper.
5. Use as a pickling spice (i.e., with green tomato pickles or mango chutney).
6. Add it liberally to pumpkin or mincemeat pie or other traditional holiday desserts.
7. Sprinkle it on top of eggnog or mulled wine.