2/7/11: Links We Love
A look at what we're reading, clicking, and cooking this week.
A much needed reminder on the pleasures of roasted garlic — with gorgeous step-by-step photos. Joy The Baker
• Garlic and cinnamon take a classic Japanese stew in an unexpected direction in this hearty recipe for cinnamon braised pork with daikon. No Recipes
• It’s the perfect time of year to fall in love with making soup. Even skeptics can start swooning with a flavorful (and vegetarian!) mushroom farro soup. Smitten Kitchen
• A chemist with a carbonator craves the taste of naturally sparkling mineral water, and calculates a formula for mineral salts to add to water at home. Khymos
• Crack pie, the dangerously addictive dessert served at Momofuku Milk Bar in NYC, is like a pecan pie without pecans on top of an oatmeal cookie crust. Try it at home with this recipe, easy to follow thanks to step-by-step instruction. Look I Made That
• Where do you go when you’re craving Mexican food in Paris? David Lebovitz has the answers. David Lebovitz