Links We Love
A look at what we’re reading, cooking, and clicking this week.
• _Pictured: _With nothing more than a needle and thread, artist Severija Incirauskaite-Kriauneviciene turns breakfast into a tasty work of art. Colossal
Some apples are a little — or, okay, a lot — ugly. But that doesn't mean they aren't absolutely exquisitely delicious. Bon Appetit
• Do you believe in ghost stories? Apparently the ghost of James Beard haunts his famous Manhattan brownstone. Eater
• The simple beauty of reading a book while dining alone at an elegant restaurant has been replaced by something a little flashier: iPhones, iPads, and other devices are popping up as companions to solo diners everywhere. Washington Post
• Yet another reason why Champagne and strawberries are a good pair: there's something in the berries that researchers think might protect the stomach from the effects of alcohol. Science Daily
• From buttered popcorn to spaghetti and meatballs, cute pets dressed up in adorable food-related costumes never get old. Serious Eats
• Combining earthy shiitake mushrooms with yukon gold potatoes and nutty gruyere makes for a mouthwatering gratin perfect for chilly nights. Food & Style
• We all may be overloaded with leftover Halloween candy, but baked cinnamon apple crisps are a healthy alternative for satiating a sweet tooth. Munchin with Munchkin
MORE TO READ
The Best Kamado Grills for Smoking, Grilling, and Beyond
These versatile grills are jacks of all trades, making grilling easy.
The Best Bamboo Steamers Make Tender Dumplings, Veggies, and More
Don’t sleep on the magic of bamboo steamers: These traditional tools lock in moisture as your food cooks (and look gorgeous while doing it), resulting in delightfully chewy dumpling folds.