Links We Love
A look at what we’re reading, cooking, and clicking this week.
• Fans love creating dishes inspired by their favorite books and tv shows, and "fantasy food" is now a full-blown trend. The Wall Street Journal
• Crispy, smoky fried oysters smothered in zesty remoulade sauce and nestled in soft, miniature brioche buns is an new (and cute!) take on traditional po'boys. Gilt Taste
• Will Ferrell's passion for Old Milwaukee Beer is expressed in all its glory in a series of low-budget commercials that he's been making on the sly. Eater
• Surprisingly enough, cool ranch Doritios make for an excellent consomme. This unusual broth serves as the perfect base for Southwestern inspired dishes like corn and shrimp soup. CHOW
• We can't stop laughing at this fauxmercial for Brunchables, an ultra hip take on lunchables that feature pre-packed meals that aren't quite breakfast, and aren't quite lunch. College Humor
• Keep your holiday guests happy with the finger foods magic formula: a base, a spread, and a topper. New York Times
• Even though the weather outside is frightful, it's never too cold for yummy peppermint ice cream. The Pioneer Woman
Photo: Morel Mushroom Series by Thor/Flickr
MORE TO READ
The Best Kamado Grills for Smoking, Grilling, and Beyond
These versatile grills are jacks of all trades, making grilling easy.
The Best Bamboo Steamers Make Tender Dumplings, Veggies, and More
Don’t sleep on the magic of bamboo steamers: These traditional tools lock in moisture as your food cooks (and look gorgeous while doing it), resulting in delightfully chewy dumpling folds.