- Grilled Pita with Za’atar
- Dolma (Grape Leaves Stuffed with Rice)
- Charred Eggplant with Chile Sauce & Tahini
- Israeli Chopped Salad
- Grilled Marinated Lamb with Cherry and Herb Salad
- Knafeh (Syrup-soaked Cheese Pastry)
More About This Menu
Credit: Elion Paz
Although the pita and the eggplant are prepared on a cast-iron skillet and under the broiler, respectively, they can both be grilled over the hot coals used to cook the lamb.
The pita dough needs one hour to rise; use that time to prepare the other dishes and to light the coals for the grill.
The labaneh is easy to prepare at home, but if you’re short on time, excellent versions of commercial labaneh are available at Israeli and Middle Eastern grocery stores.