Tender, honey-glazed braised rabbit legs make for a satisfying meal, and they're easily paired with any seasonal vegetables. This dish is a staple on the menu at American Grocery, where chef Joe Clarke glazes the rabbit legs with local honey.
Note: In the restaurant Chef Joe Clarke will often confit the Rabbit in duck fat but he has adapted this recipe for the home cook. Both methods work wonderfully for this very lean protein.
- 4 large rabbit legs
- 1⁄2 cup good honey, local if you can get it
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 parsley stems
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 2 cups good quality chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste