This preparation is a delicious, easy alternative to grilling bluefish.
Yield: serves 8
- 4 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Leaves of 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, finely diced
- 1 (5–7-lb.) bluefish, cleaned
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375º. Lay a piece of heavy-duty foil, 6" longer than the fish, on a work surface. Sprinkle 2 tsp. of the salt down the center of foil, then lay half the lemon slices on top of salt. Scatter a handful of parsley and thyme sprigs and half the bacon over lemons.
- Stuff the fish with the remaining parsley and thyme sprigs and onion slices, then lay fish on the herbs. Cover fish with remaining bacon, then lemon slices. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp. coarse salt. Cover with foil, rolling and crimping edges to seal. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.