This hot pink lemonade gets its vibrant color and extra boost of sweetness from an unexpected source: beets.
Yield: makes 8 CUPS
- 1 small beet, peeled and cut into chunks
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup lemon juice (approximately 5 lemons)
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup sugar
- 6 cups water, divided
- Attach the shredding blade to a food processor and shred the beet chunks (you should end up with about 1 cup of shredded beets). Scoop shredded beets into a bowl and set aside. Remove food processor bowl from base and rinse out; replace the clean bowl onto the food processor and insert the regular processor blade. Add shredded beets, lemon juice, sugar and 1 cup of water and process until smooth.
- Strain beet mixture through a sieve into a large bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. (You should end up with about 2 cups of liquid.) Transfer liquid into a pitcher and dilute with remaining five cups of water. Taste and adjust sugar or water levels to taste, and refrigerate before serving.
AmericanNon-Alcoholic DrinksNorth AmericanSeasonsSummerVegetablesBackyard BBQDrinksEasyno cookRecipes
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.