Boston Bloody Mary
This bloody mary is based on one served at the restaurant Eastern Standard in Boston, Massachusetts.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 4 oz. tomato juice
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. celery salt
- Prepared horseradish, to taste
- Worcestershire, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 freshly shucked oysters with their juice
- 2 green olives, for garnish
- Celery stalk, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, combine the tomato juice, lemon juice, and celery salt and season with horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt, and pepper; refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice. Pour in the chilled tomato juice mixture and the vodka. Add oysters and their juice; stir. Garnish with olives and celery.