This simple salad transitions from winter to spring by pairing end-of-season citrus with fresh, new lettuce.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 2 small heads butter lettuce, cored; leaves torn into large pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachios, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed and flesh segmented, juice reserved
- 1⁄2 cup crème fraîche
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine lettuce, pistachios, and orange segments in a bowl. Whisk reserved orange juice with creme fraiche, 3 tbsp. chives, salt, and pepper; pour over salad and toss to combine. Garnish with remaining chives.