Chèvre with Herbs, Olive Oil, and Lemon Zest
A sprinkling of herbs and a touch of lemon zest bring out the creamy flavor of fresh goats’ milk cheese. This recipe was inspired by the cheeses of artisanal cheese maker Laura Chenel, who introduced a new era with her goats’ milk cheeses, dubbed chevres because they are crafted according to traditional French methods.
- 5 oz. Chabis or other fresh goats' milk cheese, cut into slices about 1/2" thick
- McEvoy extra-virgin olive oil or other mild fruity olive oil
- Zest of ½ lemon, finely grated
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley leaves
- 3 snipped chives
- Crushed coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh baguette or crusty bread
- Arrange cheese in a single layer on a serving plate; drizzle some olive oil over cheese. Scatter lemon zest, parsley leaves, and chives over cheese, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve cheese atop slices of warm toasted baguette or other crusty bread, if you like.