Chinese Minced Chicken Wraps
This recipe was given to us by Bee Yin Low, who writes the blog www.rasamalaysia.com.
Yield: serves 4
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 20 cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms, softened in hot water, stemmed and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, 2 finely chopped, the green part of 1 julienned
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 16 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Sweet Asian chile sauce
- Put chicken, cashews, mushrooms, and chopped scallions into a bowl. Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, wine, cornstarch, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour over chicken; toss. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet over high heat. Add garlic; cook for 10 seconds. Add chicken mixture; cook, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl. To serve, spoon some of the chicken onto each lettuce leaf. Garnish with julienned scallion and a little chile sauce.