This recipe was given to us by Bee Yin Low, who writes the blog Rasamalaysia.com.
Chinese Minced Chicken Wraps
This recipe was given to us by Bee Yin Low, who writes the blog www.rasamalaysia.com.
Yield: serves 4
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 20 cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms, softened in hot water, stemmed and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, 2 finely chopped, the green part of 1 julienned
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 16 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Sweet Asian chile sauce
- Put chicken, cashews, mushrooms, and chopped scallions into a bowl. Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, wine, cornstarch, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour over chicken; toss. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over high heat. Add garlic; cook for 10 seconds. Add chicken mixture; cook, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl. To serve, spoon some of the chicken onto each lettuce leaf. Garnish with julienned scallion and a little chile sauce.