- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 egg whites, plus 1 whole egg
- 2 cups unsweetened, dessicated coconut
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 350°. Whisk together sugar, cream, butter, flour, vanilla, salt, egg whites, and egg in a bowl until smooth; stir in coconut. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 3⁄4” fluted tip; pipe 1 1⁄2“-wide mounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spaced 2” apart. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes; cool. Dip bottom of each cookie in chocolate; chill until chocolate sets.
NOTE: This recipe has been adjusted from the version that ran in the print edition of SAVEUR. The yield has been decreased, and the quantity of flour has been increased.