Schokiladen-Butter-plätzchen (Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies)
The recipe for these Christmas cookies comes from the bakery Rischart in Munich.
Yield: makes About 2 1/2 Dozen
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
- Multicolored nonpareils, to decorate
- Heat oven to 400°. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add flour and salt; beat. Transfer dough to a floured work surface, form into a disk, and roll until 1⁄3” thick. Using a 1 3⁄4” star cutter, cut out cookies; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spaced 2″ apart. Bake until brown, 6–8 minutes; cool. Dip top of each cookie in chocolate; decorate with nonpareils. Chill until set.