Cranberry Farro Quick Bread
Grains of cooked farro add substance and nuttiness to this moist, honey and brown sugar-sweetened quick bread.
Yield: makes 1 LOAF
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup cooked farro
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; grease and lightly flour a loaf pan. In a larger bowl stir together the buttermilk and cooked farro; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in cranberries and set aside.
- Add honey, brown sugar, butter and eggs to buttermilk mixture and mix well to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients in two batches, mixing until just incorporated (do not over mix). Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until browned on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove bread and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack, about 15 minutes. Then turn out the loaf onto the rack to cool completely before slicing.