What You Will Need
Thinly sliced cucumber is tenderized with kosher salt, then tossed with both sweet and hot peppers in this zesty slaw.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 1 large cucumber, split lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. feta, cut into 1/2" pieces (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped basil
- Toss cucumber and salt in a colander set over a bowl; let drain for 15 minutes. Spread cucumber onto paper towels and pat dry. Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, and pepper in a large bowl. Add cucumbers, peppers, onion, feta, if using, and basil; toss to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.