As Eat Pray Love author Elizabeth Gilbert says, "Italians take every ingredient they know and make a feast of it." According to her, "there are few ways to create happiness more efficiently than by cooking for yourself and others." In honor of the movie staring Julia Roberts, we chose perhaps one of the most famous simple Roman pasta sauces, made with black pepper and aged Pecorino Romano. It is sure to restore your appetite for life! Buon appetito.
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lb. pasta, preferably tonnarelli or spaghetti
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated Cacio de Roma