Fresh Pea and Corn Salad
Shelled peas and fresh corn are transformed into a sweet and sour tossed salad.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 3 ears corn, husks and silks discarded, kernels sliced from cobs and reserved
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 4-oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
- Whisk vinegar, sugar, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; set aside. Bring a 2-qt. saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook until bright green and tender, 1-2 minutes. Transfer peas to a bowl of ice water until chilled. Drain and add to bowl along with remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.