We got the idea for this refreshing drink from the New York City mixologist Dale DeGroff; we love the fresh yellow color of the drink. The recipe appeared on the SAVEUR 100 list from our January/February 2010 issue.
- 1 yellow tomato, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 oz. chilled vodka
Combine tomatoes, carrots, celery, cucumbers, salt, and pepper in a blender; purée. Set a sieve over a bowl and strain, discarding solids. Chill juice.
To serve, pour juice into 2 glasses and stir in chilled vodka.