Green Bean Salad with Feta and Mint
Feta, red onion, and mint are a classic combination; tossed with snappy green beans they make a salad of surprising complexity, at home both as a light main course or an effortless side dish.
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 8 oz. feta, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl; set aside. Bring a 6-qt. saucepan of salted water to a boil; add beans and cook until tender, about 3–4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain and toss with vinaigrette, feta, mint, and onion.