The savory simplicity of mushrooms grilled over hot coals is always a favorite summer flavor. Only a hint of garlic and parsley are needed to season these earthy rich fungi. If you can’t find oyster mushrooms, use any variety that won’t fall through the grate of your grill.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Leaves from 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fruity olive oil
- 1 lb. oyster mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb. white mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat a charcoal grill. Combine garlic, parsley, olive oil, and salt to taste in a small bowl.
- Grill mushrooms over medium-hot coals, gill side up, without turning, basting often with parsley oil, until done, 5–10 minutes.