In this traditional warming stew from the Emerald Isle, lamb shoulder is rendered spoon-tender by a simmer and then a long, slow bake with plenty of filling potatoes and aromatic carrots and onions. For bright color and a bit of verdant sweetness, green peas are tossed in toward the end of the cooking. This recipe also appears in the SAVEUR New Classics Cookbook.
- 3 lb. boneless lamb stew meat (preferably from the neck and shoulder), cut into 1" pieces
- 2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped parsley
- 7 carrots, halved crosswise
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen peas
As Seen In:
SAVEUR is devoted to following food to its source. For more than 20 years, we’ve been sharing and celebrating authentic cuisine from across the globe. Now, in The New Classics Cookbook, our editors have collected 1,000+ of our all-time favorite go-to recipes in one essential volume. It will bring a world of inspiration to your home kitchen for years to come.
Continue to Next Story