Eddie’s Market in Baltimore, Maryland, shared this recipe with us; it’s a great way to use up the corn and steamed crab left over from a crab feast.
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium boiling potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. green beans, trimmed into 1" pieces
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. dry mustard
- pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, green beans, corn, lima beans, peas, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, mustard, red pepper flakes, and 6 cups water in a large pot. Add tomatoes, crushing them in your hand, and juice from can. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add crabmeat to soup and simmer 45 minutes more, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper.