This green salsa from Iliana de la Vega from El Naranjo restaurant in Austin, TX is made thick and luscious by adding fresh avocado. Serve tableside with almost any dish; especially delicious with roasted pork dishes or tacos carne asada.
- 10 tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and quartered
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Place tomatillos, chiles, garlic, and onion in blender, and pulse until vegetables break down and mixture is still slightly chunky. Add cilantro, avocado, and salt and continue to pulse until salsa is blended and creamy but still has some texture. Pour into a serving bowl, and refrigerate until ready to use.