Our contributing editor Rick Bayless suggested this recipe for a bloody mary made with beer, citrus, and tequila.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
- 1⁄2 oz. pomegranate juice (optional)
- Kosher salt, for garnish
- 4 oz. tequila blanco
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle Mexican beer, such as Corona
- Tabasco, to taste
- Worcestershire, to taste
- 4 pickled jalapeños, for garnish
- Combine juices in a pitcher; set aside. Spread salt on a plate. Rub the rim of 4 beer mugs with a lime wedge. Dip rims of mugs into salt. Fill mugs with ice and divide juice mixture between mugs.
- Add 1 oz. tequila and 3 oz. beer to each. Season with Tabasco and Worcestershire, stir, and add a jalapeño to each glass.