Old Bay Bloody Mary
Old Bay seasoning gives this drink, served at the Old Ebbitt Grill in Washington, D.C., a savory kick.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 2 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 1⁄2 oz. vodka, preferably pepper flavored
- 3 oz. tomato juice
- 1 1⁄4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large tail-on shrimp, peeled, boiled, and chilled
- 1 oz. beef broth
- Sprinkle Old Bay on a plate. Rub the rim of a small glass with the lime wedge and dip rim in Old Bay to coat. Add cracked ice to glass; set aside.
- In a mixing glass, combine vodka, beef broth, tomato juice, lemon juice, and black pepper; stir to combine. Pour into reserved glass; garnish with shrimp.