This richly flavored pomegranate margarita is just as good sipped on a cold day in front of a roaring fire as it is on a balmy afternoon spent on a tropical beach. To deepen the pomegranate flavor, add a little pomegranate concentrate; for a lighter drink, leave it out.
- 1⁄2 oz. pomegranate juice, plus more for rimming the glass
- Pinch of salt, plus more for rimming the glass
- 3 oz. blanco tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄2 oz. pomegranate liqueur (like PAMA)
- 1⁄4 oz. pomegranate concentrate (optional)
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Pour pomegranate juice to a depth of about ¼ inch in a bowl wide enough to fit the rim of your glass. Pour salt into a bowl of similar size. For each cocktail, dip the rim of the glass in pomegranate juice, and then in salt, to make a salt-encrusted rim. Fill each glass with crushed ice.
- Combine all ingredients in a strainer filled with ice. Shake thoroughly, and strain into the salt-rimmed, ice-filled glass. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.