Crisp, salty pancetta, earthy parsley, and lemon combine beautifully in this salad from Houston’s Dolce Vita restaurant.
Yield: serves 4
- 8 oz. pancetta, cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 6 cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 lemons, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly shaved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat pancetta in a 12″ skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pancetta is crisp and its fat is rendered, about 12 minutes; remove from heat and keep warm.
- To serve, place 1 1⁄2 cups parsley leaves on each of 4 serving plates and top with 4 lemon segments, 1⁄4 cup Parmesan, and some of the red onion. Using a slotted spoon, divide rendered pancetta among plates and then drizzle each serving with rendered fat. Top with more Parmesan, if you like, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.