Crisp, salty pancetta, earthy parsley, and lemon combine beautifully in this salad from Houston’s Dolce Vita restaurant.
Parsley and Pancetta Salad
Crisp, salty pancetta, earthy parsley, and lemon combine beautifully in this salad from Houston's Dolce Vita restaurant.
Yield: serves 4
- 8 oz. pancetta, cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 6 cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 lemons, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly shaved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat pancetta in a 12″ skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pancetta is crisp and its fat is rendered, about 12 minutes; remove from heat and keep warm.
- To serve, place 1 1⁄2 cups parsley leaves on each of 4 serving plates and top with 4 lemon segments, 1⁄4 cup Parmesan, and some of the red onion. Using a slotted spoon, divide rendered pancetta among plates and then drizzle each serving with rendered fat. Top with more Parmesan, if you like, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.