Seared Scallops With Finger Lime Beurre Blanc
This recipe comes from David Bazir-gan of The Fifth Floor restaurant in San Francisco.
Yield: serves 4
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 16 tbsp. butter, cubed, chilled
- 1 tsp. minced tarragon
- 4 finger limes, halved and pearls removed
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 large diver scallops
- Boil wine, vinegar, and shallot in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 3 tbsp., about 25 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in butter slowly. Stir in tarragon, half the lime pearls, and salt and pepper; set sauce aside. Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat; season scallops with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Divide scallops among four plates; spoon over sauce; garnish with remaining pearls.