An abundant amount of freshly ground coarse black pepper mixed with fragrant garlic, turmeric, and ginger spices up sweet crab legs. This recipe first appeared in our December 2013 issue along with Corey Arnold's article Polar Harvest.
- 6 tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 (7½") piece turmeric, peeled and thinly sliced, or 6 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 (3") piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 lb. precooked king or snow crab legs, defrosted if frozen