Smoked Bluefish Pâté
While visiting Nantucket, SAVEUR contributing writer Sarah Lydon and her family purchased smoked bluefish from one of the island’s fish markets, and turned it into a delicious pate using the following method.
- 6 oz. smoked bluefish
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, peeled and minced
- 4-6 dashes Tabasco
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Remove and discard skin and dark flesh from bluefish. Using your fingers, flake bluefish into a medium bowl. Add cream cheese, red onion, and Tabasco and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer pâté to a small serving bowl. (Pâté may be covered and refrigerated for up to 12 hours, if you like. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Garnish pâté with lots of chives and serve with small pieces of toast and/or crackers.