The cooks at Musso & Frank Grill in Los Angeles take the extra step of peeling the celery for this old-school hors d'oeuvre before stuffing it.
- 6 oz. crumbled blue cheese (about 3⁄4 cup), preferably Roquefort, at room temperature
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into 1" cubes, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. hot sauce, preferably Tabasco
- Green leaf lettuce, for garnish
- Crushed ice (optional)
- 10 ribs celery, ends trimmed
- Paprika, for garnish
- 5 pitted black California olives, halved, for garnish
- Curly parsley, for garnish
In the bowl of a food processor, purée the blue cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, worcestershire, and hot sauce until mixture is smooth and creamy. Using kitchen shears, cut 1⁄4" from a corner of a 1-qt. resealable plastic bag and fit with a small pastry tip. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the cheese mixture to the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
Arrange lettuce on a platter and top with 1 cup crushed ice (if using). Line platter with celery sticks. Pipe about 2 tbsp. chilled cheese mixture into each celery stick. Sprinkle paprika over celery and garnish each with an olive half and parsley.