This coffee and hazelnut cocktail is an updated version of a drink spotted in French magazine Elle a Table. It’s named for SAVEUR senior editor Gabriella Gershenson, the office’s resident francophile.
- 8 tsp. (1⅓ oz.) aged rum, such as Railean Small Cask Reserve Single Barrel Rum
- 4 tsp. (⅔ oz.) chilled espresso
- 3 tsp. coffee liqueur, such as FAIR Café
- 1 tsp. Frangelico
- 1⁄2 tsp. allspice liqueur, such as The Bitter Truth Pimento Dram
- Coffee beans, for garnish
- Combine rum, espresso, and liqueurs in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice. Shake vigorously until well-chilled and frothy. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with coffee beans.