This recipe was based on one by John Cunningham, who first published his recipe in a local cookbook to raise money for an Austin-based charity called Colin's Hope (www.colinshope.org).
Yield: makes 4 1/2 Cups
- 7 cloves garlic
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed, halved, and seeded
- 1 habanero chile, stemmed, halved, and seeded
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes, cored and seeded
- ½ white onion
- 1½ cups canned, drained, and diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- ⅓ cups fresh lime juice
- ¼ cups chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a food processor, chop garlic and chiles. Add beefsteak tomatoes and onion; pulse until chopped. Add fire-roasted tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, and scallions; pulse until roughly chopped. Season with salt.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.