While visiting Venice we happened upon a tiny trattoria named Alle Testiere, which turned out some of the best shellfish dishes we've ever had. Luckily, they shared the recipes of our favorites, including this one.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lb. manila or littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 3⁄4 cup tocai friulano or other dry Friuli white wine
- 1 (1") piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 4 sprigs parsley, trimmed and minced