Watermelon Salad with Cilantro, Radish Sprouts, and Cotija
Watermelon at the peak of its sweetness is tossed in a zesty vinaigrette with spicy radish sprouts.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 1 small seedless watermelon (3-4 lb.), rind removed, cut into 1" cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. red chili powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. cotija cheese, cut into ½" cubes
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 1⁄2 oz. radish sprouts
- Place watermelon pieces in a large bowl. Whisk olive oil, sugar, chili powder, lime zest and juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour over watermelon. Add remaining ingredients, tossing to coat. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.