- Steadying the turkey with a carving fork, remove the leg at its joint with a sharp knife; separate the drumstick from the thigh.
2. Slice the thigh into strips parallel to the bone; slice the drumstick while holding it upright.
3. Remove the wing at its joint (you may have to dig a little).
4. Make a long horizontal cut at the bottom of the breast (this will allow the breast meat to fall away easily when sliced).
5. Using an even, downward stroking motion, cut the breast into slices.
6. Repeat with the turkey’s other side; arrange slices neatly on a serving platter.