This sweet-tart wine punch was invented by members of the Junior League of Houston book club in the 1970s.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (750-ml) bottle fruity red wine, such as pinot noir
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 4 thin slices each of orange, lemon, and lime
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and sliced
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a 1-qt. saucepan. Let cool and transfer to a pitcher; add wine, brandy, and citrus juices. Chill.
- Before serving, add ginger ale, pineapple, citrus slices, and peaches. Stir and serve over ice.