According to the Trader Vic’s drinks menu, the recipe for this cocktail, with its name evocative of morning-after woes, comes from Sheppard’s Hotel in Cairo.
According to the Trader Vic's drinks menu, the recipe for this cocktail, with its name evocative of morning-after woes, comes from Sheppard's Hotel in Cairo.
Yield: makes 2 Cocktails
- 2 flat wide cucumber spears
- 2 limes
- 8 oz. Trader Vic's mai tai mix
- 2 oz. light rum
- 2 oz. gold rum
- 1 oz. dark rum
- Score flesh side of cucumber spears in a diamond pattern and set aside.
- Rinse limes in warm running water, then halve them. Juice limes, reserving 2 of the spent halves.
- Put lime juice, mai tai mix, and rums into a cocktail shaker with plenty of crushed ice and shake well.
- Strain into two 14-oz. old-fashioned glasses filled with crushed ice. Garnish each glass with a cucumber spear, a reserved lime half, and a sprig of fresh mint.