More About This Menu
- The focaccia and ice cream take some time to prepare; make the ice cream several days ahead, and leave yourself at least three hours before dinner to prepare and bake the bread.
- For the skampi na buzaru, you can substitute shrimp, clams, or mussels for the langoustines. Pair the grilled fish with beurre blanc or substitute ravigoté or tomato coriander broth, two other classic sauces that pair perfectly with grilled fish.
- For drinks to sip with your Croatian dinner, see our guide to Croatian wines; try 1 Enjingi Graševina 2012, which works well with the cuttlefish risotto.
- For more recipe ideas, see our gallery of Croatian dishes. And if you're suddenly inspired to plan a trip to the Dalmatian coast, see our picks for where to eat, what to do, and where to stay in our travel guide.
- Get a glimpse of Croatia's Dalmatian coast with more of Penny De Los Santos' photographs »