More About This Menu
- Lemonade gains herbaceous depth from lavender and thyme, while vodka delivers a good, clean punch. The recipe is large format, so you can mix up six drinks at once instead of playing bartender all night. For more pitcher cocktail recipes, see our gallery »
- The posset, a take on an English dessert, calls for supremed grapefruit, which involves separating the sweet wedges of the fruit from the more bitter pith. See our tips on how to do it »
- To streamline prep for dinner, make the pickled fennel for the grouper ahead of time.
- The posset and the shortbread can be made ahead of time, as well. Store the posset, ungarnished, covered in the fridge; store the cooled, baked shortbread wrapped tightly at room temperature. Cook the crumbs and garnish the posset just before serving.
- If you're buying whole fish, see our tips for choosing the right one and our guide to filleting it at home.