Menu: An Orchard-Inspired Brunch
- Fennel Apple Spritzer
- Autumn Bellini
- [Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Country Style Sausages with Fried Apples
- [Fennel, Sunchoke, and Apple Salad
- Caramel Apple Strata
More About This Menu
- Though the recipes here provide instructions for which apple varieties to use, feel free to substitute different types from your local farmers’ market, orchard, or grocery. See our gallery of tasting notes for 18 Apple Varieties to help you choose which will work best in each application.
- The syrup in the fennel-apple spritzer can be made up to a month in advance, making drink prep quick and simple at meal time; the mulled cider syrup for the bellini can be made ahead as well. For more apple-based drink ideas, see our recipe collection of pear and apple cocktails »
- The fennel and apple salad needs at least 30 minutes to rest and meld its flavors before serving—or make it up to a day in advance. You can also mix and form the sausage patties the night before, storing them in the fridge on a baking sheet tightly covered in plastic wrap.
- For more menu ideas, see our collection of fall breakfasts »