Menu: An August Farmers’ Market Feast
- Stuffed Zucchini
- Corn Chowder
- Tomato-Cheddar Tart
- Pesto-Rubbed Chicken with Panzanella
- Plum Tart
- Vanilla ice cream
More About This Menu
- To make prep easier, hollow out the zucchini and stir together the tomato sauce the night before; then on the day of the dinner, mix the filling, fill them, and bake.
- You can also prepare the crust for the tomato tart the day before—form the dough into a disk, wrap it, and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to roll it out. If you do everything the same day, be sure to tackle the tart first: The crust needs at least one hour to chill, and the tomatoes should drain for an hour after they’ve been salted.
- Store-bought vanilla ice cream will do just fine as an accompaniment to the plum tart, but for a homemade treat try Sicilian vanilla gelato or one of our other favorite ice cream recipes.
- For more meal ideas that make the most of summer produce, see our recipe collections focusing on summer tomato, summer squash and summer entrée dishes.