More About This Menu
- Modernist latkes may be unconventional, but they're absolutely delicious, and they store well. You can complete the recipe up to step 2, then keep in the freezer up to a month before you plan on enjoying them. Bring them back to room temperature before frying.
- Blintzes are a traditional Jewish dish made with delicate crêpes and sweet cheese filling. Learn more about their tasty varieties, and the story behind this menu's recipe, in David Sax's article Blissful Blintz.
- The salad utilizes kale's ability to stand up to dressing; you can make the it a day in advance and its taste and texture will only improve. Substitute dried cranberries for the suggested currants, or toss in a handful of chopped pecans, almonds, or pine nuts.
- The donuts require two hours rising time before frying, and are most delicious served fresh, so budget time accordingly. For easy filling, use a paring knife to create an opening in one side, then pipe in the jelly.
- For more recipe ideas, see our collection of Hanukkah dishes.
Continue to Next Story